Welcome to the The Bolivar Group Inc. (“Bolivares,” “us” or “we“) Web site located at http://bolivares.com. This Privacy Statement addresses Bolivares’ practices regarding information collected from users of the Site and only addresses information collected directly through or from the Site â€“ it does not address or govern any information gathering, use, or dissemination practices related to information collected from the user (referred to as “you” or “your“) other than directly through or from the Site, such as from telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other or additional offline means or media. Bolivares can be contacted at [email@example.com]. This Privacy Statement is incorporated into Bolivares’ Terms and Conditions by reference, as if set forth fully therein, which must be reviewed and accepted by you.
1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Visitors. Except as specifically set forth herein, Bolivares may collect or track (a) the home server domain names, date and time of your visit, type of computer, the originating IP address, files downloaded, search engine used, operating system, and type of Web browser of visitors to the Site; (b) the e-mail addresses of visitors that communicate with Bolivares via e-mail; (c) information knowingly provided by the visitor in online forms, registration or membership forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, and other online avenues (including, without limitation, demographic and personal profile data); (d) aggregate and visitor-specific information regarding which pages a visitor accesses; and (e) financial information provided by a visitor, including credit card number and billing address, retained by our payments processing dealer only in order to process credit card payments to Bolivares. In order to utilize some features of the Site, visitors may have to pay a fee, and thus additional financial information will be required at the time of purchase. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or to provide or obtain products or services from the Site. If you do not wish to provide such information to the Site, you will be unable to register and/or provide or obtain products or services in connection with the Site. Bolivares may use Internet “cookies” or Web bugs to gather, store, and track certain information related to your visit to and activity on the Site. You may decline Internet cookies by using the appropriate feature of your Web browser software, if available. When a visitor performs a search within the Site, Bolivares may record information identifying the visitor or linking the visitor to the search performed and recording information related to the search request.
2. Use of Personal Information Collected. Personal information collected by Bolivares may be used by Bolivares for many reasons, for example, for recordkeeping, editorial and feedback purposes, marketing and promotional purposes, statistical analysis of visitorsâ€™ behavior, product development, content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on visitorsâ€™ home servers may be used for internal purposes, and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and other personal information which visitors voluntarily provide to Bolivares may be added to Bolivaresâ€™ databases and used for future calls and mailings regarding Site updates, new products and services, and upcoming events.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties. Personal information provided through the Site may be used and disclosed by other entities and/or business partners in the operation of the Site, in order to provide products and services requested and for marketing and promotional purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, financial information may be maintained and housed by our payment processing vendor for the purpose of processing payments and conducting related transactions. Aggregate data on visitorsâ€™ home servers and individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses and phone numbers, may be provided to third parties such as marketing firms. Any personal information provided by you on general areas of the Site may be read by Bolivares and/or other visitors, and could potentially be used by Bolivares and/or such third parties. Identifiable and non-identifiable visitor information and data may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Bolivares enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as, for example, a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase, or to a third party pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, in response to a request by or on behalf of any local, state, federal, or other government agency, department, or body, whether or not pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process, or if determined by Bolivares in its sole judgment that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of Bolivares or any other person or entity. While Bolivares may undertake efforts to see that any third party to which Bolivares shares, rents, sells, or otherwise discloses personal information is under a contractual obligation to use the personal information solely for the purposes for which the information was disclosed, such third parties are independent third parties over which Bolivares exercises no control. Bolivares is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, the conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices of third parties.
4. Security Measures and Communicating with Bolivares. Bolivares has implemented physical, electronic and procedural security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Despite Bolivaresâ€™ efforts to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Bolivares via this Site or via e-mail cannot be and is not guaranteed. You acknowledge that the technical processing and transmission of the Site content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Accordingly, Bolivares is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Information; Opt-Out Right. Upon your request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, Bolivares will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by Bolivares that has been voluntarily provided by you to Bolivares through online forms, registration forms, contest entries, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting Bolivares via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses or numbers above. Except as necessary to obtain the products, services, or information requested, you may opt out of having your personal information, which has been voluntarily provided to Bolivares through online forms, membership or registration forms, surveys, e-mail, or another online avenues, prospectively retained by Bolivares, used by Bolivares for secondary purposes, or disclosed by Bolivares to third parties, by contacting Bolivares via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone at the addresses set out above. This provision does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the visitor to the Site or to information provided or collected that does not meet the description in this Section 5.
6. Right to Change Privacy Statement. Bolivares may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Notice of any new or revised Privacy Statement, as well as the location of the new or revised statement, will be posted on the Site for at least twenty (20) days after the change. It is the obligation of visitors returning to the Site to learn of changes to the Privacy Statement since their last visit. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any visitor who has visited the Site before the change was made.
7. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Dated: December 11, 2011
Copyright Â© 2011 The Bolivar Group Inc.; All rights reserved.